Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Hand Rail Of The Season!


So what you see above, is my first hand rail of the season. It was boxing day and it was just Van Bailey and myself seshing the most hit urban in Thunder Bay, the Sir John A School down bar; more commonely known as SJAM. It was a sick, warm, (high was -7.5 according to a weather site) blue bird day and no box store super deal could keep me from riding that day.

For the session we used a bungee for speed. One of us was filming or taking pictures and whoever was dropping in was left to pull the bungee back on their own, which was not easy. At the end of the day I felt like I had just gone wake boarding for the first time of the season.

It didn't take long to start greasing the rail, then moving in to 2 out's. Once we were comfy we started toying around. Van, got it unnatty, which I have always wanted to do but after watching him drop the bungee in between his legs on the first try and eating it, I decided I would wait for a drop in ramp. I didn't even realize that was possible at that point! He also went for the 2 on, trying to be (to the best of my knowledge) the first person to get a 2 onto that rail. As for me I worked into a sweet nose press I'm super proud of (seen above). I was realing hoping for a front side switch up to front 2 out, but with time running out and family functions to go to we agreed to come back another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment